Our beautiful daughter Emersyn Paige passed away from SMA Type 1 on April 7th,2009 at the age of 7 months old. This blog is dedicated to her life, legacy and spirit and our journey as a family through grief.





















































Friday, October 9, 2009

Survival...

Today is our fourth wedding anniversary and Jason and I almost forgot. Not surprising for you other bereaved parents that are reading this that we are so out of touch with what day it is right now. I wish I could tell you that we are getting ready to have a relaxing Thanksgiving but we can't. We don't have the same love of traditions and special occasions that we used to. This time last year Emersyn was 3 weeks old and we were with my family having a fun Thanksgiving at my sisters totally unaware of SMA. Not trying to be negative here just really honest. I don't know if we will ever get excited about traditions and holidays again. That is ok though as I am learning that the name of the game is "survival" when you have lost your child. You do what you can to survive. So, if not celebrating these occasions is less painful then that is what we will do. We will create new traditons that are meaningful to us in a different way. Sorry to vent but feeling very low....

No comments:

Post a Comment