Our beautiful daughter Emersyn Paige passed away from SMA Type 1 on April 7th,2009 at the age of 7 months old. This blog is dedicated to her life, legacy and spirit and our journey as a family through grief.





















































Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010

I do not know what 2010 has in store for us. Frankly I don't look at my life in years anymore, I don't presume to know anything beyond today. I can only look at what is in front of me today and hope for tomorrow but I cannot determine what an entire year willl look like. I can no longer say this was a good year and that one was not. In the past 15 months we have had our first beautiful child, lived in bliss with our "healthy" daughter until SMA came into our lives, watched as Emersyn rose above her illness and spread so much love and joy and finally we had to watch our 7 month old daughter pass away in our arms. I cannot presume to think that 2010 will bring good things , no one can. We can only know for sure what is in front of us in any given moment. Emersyn taught us that we cannot control yesterday or predict tomorrows plan or what an entire year will bring, we can only live and love in the here and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment