Dear Emersyn’s Entourage!
It’s that time of year again to gather your friends and family and join us for the 2014 Rebecca Run for SMA on Saturday July 5th at Fairy Lake in Newmarket Ontario The race offers something for everyone: 1km family walk/run/roll, 3km walk/run/roll or a 5km run/walk/roll. All proceeds from the run are donated to Families of SMA Canada. The early bird race fee prior to April 30th is $40 per person. To register for the race please visit www.rebeccarun.com.
All registrations received prior to June 6th will receive a specialized technical t-shirt with our team name on it. Register early to avoid disappointment as spots fill up FAST! When registering please indicate that you are a member of Emersyn’s Entourage and email email@example.com to let us know so we can add your name to our team on Emersyn’s blog. If you are unable to join Emersyn’s team on July 5th please consider sponsoring us by clicking here
Features for this year’s event include:
• Our 2014 Race Honouree is amazing SMA Warrior Arran Edward Deegan, a beautiful little boy who was diagnosed with Spinal Muscular Atrophy Type 2. Click here to read more about this precious little boy and his amazing family.
• The Rebecca Run is proud to be celebrating its 13th anniversary in 2014 – what an accomplishment!
• “Market Place” will be there again this year where exciting items will be sold with a portion of the proceeds going towards SMA research
• Complimentary Barbeque, healthy snacks and refreshments before and after the race will be provided for all participants thanks to our generous event sponsors
• Check out the Rebecca Run Prize Incentive Fund Raising Rewards!
SMA is the number one genetic killer of children under the age of two. 1 in 6,000 babies is born with SMA and 1 in 35 people carry this killer gene. SMA is just as common as Cystic Fibrosis but has a fraction of the awareness. We NEED to change this! The Rebecca Run is a fantastic way to raise money and awareness for a CURE for SMA. Since the launch of the Rebecca Run 13 years ago an extraordinary $2 million dollars has been raised for Families of SMA Canada – AMAZING!!
Jason and I would like to thank everyone for your ongoing love and support in helping us honour Emersyn and raise money towards a CURE. It will be 5 years on April 7th, 2014 since Emersyn’s life was taken at the age of 7 months old from SMA Type 1. For us it feels like yesterday. Emersyn’s sister Isla and baby brother Callum will only know their big sister through pictures and the stories we share about her. It is through events like the Rebecca Run where they will be able to continue to honour their big sisters life and spirit.
We miss and love Emersyn in a way that words could never express and we will forever carry the pain of losing her to this tragic disease. In honour of Emersyn’s 5th Angel Date and in honour of all of our SMA Angels and Warriors we need your help to raise enough money to CURE SMA.
Wishing you love, remembrance and hope and please know that one person’s support can make a HUGE difference!
Melanie, Jason, Isla, Callum and our Angel Emersyn
~ “But love does not die. The script of her life is written in my heart and it still glistens in the soul of my memory” ~